This article is missing information about BenQ optical drives. (July 2020)
|Predecessor||Acer Communication & Multimedia|
|K.Y. Lee, Chairman; |
Conway Lee, CEO and President
|Total assets||US$188 million|
Number of employees
BenQ Corporation (//; Chinese: 明基電通股份有限公司) is a Taiwanese multinational company that sells and markets technology products, consumer electronics, computing and communications devices under the "BenQ" brand name, which stands for the company slogan Bringing Enjoyment N Quality to life. Its principal products include TFT LCD monitors, projectors, interactive displays, speakers, lighting, peripherals, and mobile computing devices.
BenQ's head office is located in Taipei, and the company operates five branch offices in the Asia-Pacific, Europe, China, Latin America and North America, and employs over 1,600 individuals globally. The "BenQ" brand is present in more than 100 countries worldwide.
BenQ's first mobile phone was the M775C, which was released in 2003. During Q1 2004, eight new phones were announced, ranging from bar and clamshell phones to Windows Mobile smartphones. A further seven phones, mainly clamshells, such as the BenQ S500, came in 2005.
On 1 October 2005, BenQ Corp. acquired the mobile devices division of Germany's Siemens AG, becoming the sixth-largest company in the mobile phone industry by accumulated market share. The acquisition results in a new business group, BenQ Mobile, of BenQ Corporation entirely dedicated to wireless communications. Mobile phones of the new group are marketed under a new brand, BenQ-Siemens.
In late September 2006, the mobile devices division of BenQ, BenQ Mobile (Germany), announced bankruptcy when BenQ Corp. discontinued its funding. As a result, BenQ Mobile was placed under the supervision of a state-appointed bankruptcy administrator. In February 2007, BenQ Mobile was finally disbanded as a suitable buyer could not be found. An estimated 2000 BenQ Mobile employees lost their jobs. On 24 August 2006 BenQ announced plans to spin off its manufacturing operations in early 2007, separating contract manufacturing and own-brand divisions.
After BenQ-Siemens, BenQ continued to make phones, primarily aimed at the Asian market (although one was also released in Europe).
This is a list of BenQ phones during the post-BenQ-Siemens brands period between 2009-2012:
- BenQ T33
- BenQ T51
- BenQ C30 (BenQ-Siemens C31)
- BenQ E72 (Windows Mobile smartphone. Also released in Europe) (Not a E71 Successors)
- BenQ M7 (BenQ-Siemens M81 spirituality success's)
- BenQ T60
- BenQ E53
- BenQ C36 (BenQ-Siemens C31 Successors)
- BenQ E55
- BenQ MOMODESIGN MD300H (HSDPA) (this is a co-brands in exclusively project of gadgets for MOMODESIGN, the most rarest model of BenQ Mobile because the phone was made available in limited quantities volumes not over 5,000 units.)
After a hiatus, BenQ resumed production of smartphones under its own brand in 2013.
- Dell Venue Pro
Qisda Corporation, the parent company of BenQ, manufactured smartphones for Dell, which were marketed under the Venue Pro name, and which ran Windows Phone 7. The phone was made available in limited quantities on 8 November 2010 with the launch of Windows Phone. Delivery of the phone met severe setbacks, it was rife with numerous hardware issues, and the device was discontinued as of 8 March 2012.
List of andoid devices made by BenQ:
- BenQ A3 — made for the Asian market, runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- BenQ T3
- BenQ F5 RAM 2GB, runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- EE (UK)
Starting in 2015 BenQ manufactured the Harrier and Harrier Mini Android Smartphones for the UK mobile telecoms provider EE.
On 24 August 2006, BenQ announced plans to spin off its manufacturing operations in early 2007, separating contract manufacturing and own-brand divisions.
In April 2007, considering that the branded business has achieved sufficient profit and scale to sustain and grow its operation independently, BenQ announced the plan to spin off its branded business. After the spin-off, BenQ Corporation was renamed Qisda Corporation, which will focus on integrated manufacturing service business, and the spun-off company has succeeded the name of BenQ Corporation, which is a 100% owned subsidiary of Qisda Corp.
On 3 September 2007, the newly spun-off BenQ Corporation commenced its new operation to continue selling and marketing products under the BenQ brand name.
ZOWIE Esports Gear
On 10 December 2015, BenQ announced that ZOWIE GEAR would become their new esports gaming division. Their newer products include mice, mouse pads, monitors, and other gaming accessories.BenQ ZOWIE esports monitors are used by around 63% of professional gamers.
In September 2022, BenQ announced the launch of their XL2566K 360Hz Monitor. 
In January 2023, BenQ announced the launch of ZOWIE EC-CW Wireless Mice Series.
MOBIUZ Gaming Monitors
In July 2020, BenQ announced the launch of its new MOBIUZ gaming monitor series. MOBIUZ monitors introduce a new HDRi adaptive technology that optimizes the HDR effect based on light conditions and built-in treVolo speakers and proprietary Eye-Care technology.
In February 2023, BenQ announced the launch of its first OLED monitor, dubbed the MOBIUZ EX480UZ
EX3210R Night Runner's Edition (DL2)
In 2022 BenQ MOBIUZ partnered with Techland and introduce EX3210R: Dying Light 2 Stay Human Night Runner’s Edition Curved Monitor (limited edition). The model is a 32" monitor with a 1000R curved display, built-in sound system, and HDRi technology.
In May 2022, BenQ announced they had seized the No.1 market share for 4K and Full HD projectors in Q1 2022. According to Futuresource Consulting Quarterly Market Track Reports, BenQ reached the leading position as a vendor by sales volume in Europe. It achieved a market share of 23.42% for 4K, and of 24.5% for Full HD for the period Q1 2022.
In May 2023, BenQ announced 3 new models in their 1K home cinema range including W4000i, W2710i and TK860i.
BenQ Interactive Displays Rank No.1 in Asia Pacific and Middle East in Q3 2022 with YoY Growth of 77%. 
|Model Name||Year Sold|
In November 2016, BenQ collaborated with Google to release Jamboard, an exclusively designed interactive display with Google Services.
In 2019, BenQ launched the world’s first digital signage to achieve Pantone Validated status, assuring on-screen color fidelity and matched interoperability with Pantone-qualified color production devices Signage Series SL6502K.
Corporate Social Responsibility
BenQ released their 2021 Sustainability Report
- "Acer spins off peripherals unit". News.cnet.com. 5 December 2001. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Plunkett, Jack (2007). Plunkett's Advertising & Branding Industry Almanac 2007: Advertising. Plunkett Research. ISBN 9781593920869. Retrieved 20 October 2009.
- "Acer cuts BenQ's cord". ZDNet UK. 18 April 2006. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "BenQ S500 - GSM - cellular phone Overview - CNET". www.cnet.com. Archived from the original on 2019-01-10.
- "Xinhua - English". Xinhua. 2005-06-08. Archived from the original on November 2, 2012. Retrieved 2015-02-26.
- "Ex-Siemens Subsidiary Flops: BenQ Bankruptcy Causes Furor". Spiegel Online. 2006-09-29. Retrieved 2015-02-26.
- Nystedt, Dan (2006-08-24). "BenQ to spin off manufacturing operations". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2015-02-26.
- "BenQ rejoins the smartphone market with two tepid Android models". Engadget. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "IMEI lookup". Imei-number.com. 31 March 2012.
- Ziegler, Chris (8 November 2010). "Dell Venue Pro on sale at Microsoft stores, but good luck getting one". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Beren, David (12 November 2010). "Dell Fesses Up To Venue Pro Wi-Fi Issues, Will Reship November 19th". TmoNews. PhoneDog. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Bishop, Bryan (28 March 2012). "Dell retires Venue and Venue Pro in the US, future smartphone plans unclear". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Benq is Dead, Long Live ... Qisda?". WIRED. 2007-06-21. Retrieved 2015-02-26.
- "Proyektor Malang | 085749572513". Archived from the original on 2017-04-05. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- "ZOWIE by BenQ on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Esports Brands". prosettings.net. Retrieved 19 September 2023.
- Baker, Simon (2022-09-14). "BenQ ZOWIE XL2566K Announced with 24.5" 1080p and 360Hz, but with a TN Film Panel". TFTCentral. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "BenQ Announces ZOWIE EC-CW Wireless Mouse for Esports | ZOWIE UK". zowie.benq.eu. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "BenQ MOBIUZ Gaming Monitors Unlock New Levels of Audio-visual Immersion".
- "What's the Difference Between HDR and HDRi?".
- "BenQ Eye-care Technology | BenQ Europe".
- "BenQ MOBIUZ Launch their First OLED Gaming Monitor EX480UZ". BenQ. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "BenQ MOBIUZ and Techland Introduce EX3210R: Dying Light 2 Stay Human Night Runner's Edition Curved Monitor".
- "1000R Curved Monitors and Common Questions About Them".
- "BenQ 4K & Full HD Projector Market Share Reached No. 1 in Europe". BenQ. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- Archer, John. "BenQ Unveils Four New 4K Home Projectors - Including Laser And LED Models". Forbes. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "BenQ Interactive Display Ranks No.1 in Asia Pacific and Middle East in Q3 2022 with YoY Growth of 77%". www.benq.com. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "BenQ Launches First Education Interactive Displays with Official Google Mobile Services at Bett UK 2023". www.benq.eu. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "Compare BenQ Board Interactive Displays". www.benq.com. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "BenQ Named Exclusive Enterprise Partner for Jamboard, a New 4K Team Collaboration Device from Google". B2B Site. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- "BenQ Joins the RE100 Commitment to Use 100% Recycled Energy". www.benq.eu. Retrieved 2023-09-19.
- ISO 14001 was released in 1996 with the intent that companies manage all of the activities, products, and services that can significantly impact the environment.
- ISO 45001:2018 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.